Students, see the verb chart for "ser", which is in your notes and which I am including below.
You must know all verb forms (pronoun + verb - yo + soy) and all meanings (yo soy means "I am").
You must be able to produce these forms as well as their meanings.
For example, if I asked you to list all forms and meanings, you should be able to do so.
You should know all vocabulary from the following sections- "Describe Yourself and Others" and "Appearance".
Ask yourself, "How do I say _____ in Spanish?" (You know the drill.)
You should know how to ask and say where different individuals and groups of people are from. (See the slides below).
I will ask you to describe a) yourself, b) your best friend, c) your parents.
That means that you need to be able to make adjectives masculine, feminine, singular, and plural, as the task requires.
I will ask you true-false questions about "Día de los muertos" and matching questions about the related vocabulary. I will attach those below as well.
We have been covering this material for some time. You should, therefore, be well-prepared to use these concepts in producing original sentences in Spanish.
There will be four sections on the test-
1) Translate vocabulary to Spanish
2) Describe others in Spanish.
3) True-False "Día de los muertos" questions
4) Matching "Día de los muertos" vocabulary questions
Sample descriptive sentences (Note the use of masculine vs. plural, singular vs. plural, and accent marks.):
1. Describe yourself in Spanish. Tell your name, where you're from, and four adjectives describing yourself (two physical - two personality, must include hair color). (3-4 sentences).
¡Hola! Me llamo Señor Waites. Yo soy de Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Yo soy bajo y tengo pelo rubio. Yo soy serio y inteligente.
¡Hola! Me llamo Sarah. Yo soy de Memphis, Tennessee. Yo soy baja y tengo pelo rubio. Yo soy seria y inteligente.
2. Describe your best friend in Spanish. Tell his/her name, where he/she is from, and four adjectives (two physical - two personality, must be different from previous question). (3-4 sentences). Use "Mi major amigo/a" for "my best friend".
Mi mejor amigo se llama Bill. Él es de Birmingham, Alabama. Él es simpático y estudioso. Él es bajo y pelirrojo.
Mi mejor amigo se llama Jennifer. Ella es de Birmingham, Alabama. Ella es simpática y estudiosa. Ella es baja y pelirroja.
3) Describe the boys/girls in the picture on the screen using two adjectives.
Los chicos son guapos y bajos.
Las chicas son guapas y bajas.
Hope this helped! Good luck!